4-ingredient vegan protein snack, loaded with mood enhancing nutrients like tryptophan and dopamine.
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups raw, shelled pumpkin seeds
- Whisk the egg white in a medium bowl until foamy. Mix in honey and salt, then add pumpkin seeds. Toss until the seeds are coated.
- Tip the contents of the bowl onto a rimmed cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, and spread evenly into a thin layer, about 12 inches by 8 inches rectangle.
- Roast in the oven at 300°F (150°C) for 30-35 minutes until golden and glossy, checking the seeds a few times to make sure they don’t burn.
- Allow to cool in the pan before breaking into clusters. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
1 piece = 2 ½ inch by 1 ½ inch = 1 fat, 1/3 starch