We are entering the 6th week of the lockdown. I hope everyone is safe, healthy and making the most of this pause in life. We should continue to think ahead about the actions that we can take to stay healthy and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
This is what I am currently doing to reduce my risk (and prevent the spread) of coronavirus, I hope you will too:
- I keep the recommended 6 ft. distance from other people when I’m in public.
- I am social-distancing by sheltering-in-place with my family. I go outside only to buy groceries and to get some exercise, otherwise I stay at home.
- If I need to go into a store where social distancing is not always possible, I wear a mask and disposable gloves. In some countries such as Singapore, wearing a mask in public is compulsory.
- Have you noticed that Asians are big mask-wearers and their countries are faring much better than the rest of the world!
- I haven’t taken public transport since the lockdown but if I did , I would definitely wear my mask and gloves.
- I wash my hands with soap very thoroughly for at least 20 seconds.
- I always carry a hand sanitizer with an alcohol concentration at least 60% for times when I can’t wash my hands. I don’t touch me face. I try not to touch surfaces which can be contaminated with the virus when I’m outside.